Code Enforcement Office
Code Enforcement Officer: Devin Parent Phone: (207) 868-2886 Email
Welcome to the Van Buren Code Enforcement Office page. Our mission is to promote and maintain a safe, healthy, and attractive living environment for the residents of the Town of Van Buren, Maine, and surrounding communities.
The Code Enforcement Office is responsible for administering and enforcing local and state codes, ordinances, and regulations that pertain to building construction, land use, zoning, and environmental protection. Our dedicated team of professionals is committed to working with residents, business owners, and developers to ensure compliance and uphold the highest standards of safety and quality within our community.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Code Enforcement Office include:
- Issuing building permits and certificates of occupancy
- Conducting inspections for new construction, renovations, and property maintenance
- Investigating complaints related to code violations and taking corrective action when necessary
- Providing guidance and assistance with zoning and land use regulations
- Enforcing environmental protection rules and regulations
The Van Buren Code Enforcement Office works closely with other town departments, such as the Planning Board and the Board of Appeals, to ensure coordinated and comprehensive enforcement of local regulations. We are dedicated to providing prompt, courteous, and professional service to our community, ensuring that Van Buren remains a great place to live, work, and visit.
For more information about the Van Buren Code Enforcement Office, including permit applications, zoning and land use regulations, and code enforcement resources, please explore the resources on this page or contact us directly.