Welcome to the Van Buren Highway Department page, where we are committed to maintaining and improving the transportation infrastructure in the Town of Van Buren, Maine. Our skilled team of professionals works diligently to ensure that our roads, bridges, and sidewalks are safe, functional, and accessible for residents, businesses, and visitors.
The Van Buren Highway Department is responsible for a variety of tasks related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of public roadways and transportation infrastructure. We strive to provide efficient and high-quality services that contribute to the safety and mobility of our community.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Van Buren Highway Department include:
- Road construction, maintenance, and repair
- Snow plowing and ice control during winter months
- Street sweeping and debris removal
- Maintenance and repair of bridges and culverts
- Installation and maintenance of traffic signs, streetlights, and signals
- Management of stormwater and drainage systems
- Sidewalk construction and maintenance
- Roadside mowing and vegetation control
The Van Buren Highway Department takes pride in maintaining our community's transportation infrastructure and ensuring that our roadways are safe and efficient for all users. We work closely with other town departments, regional and state agencies, and community partners to address the evolving needs of our transportation network.
For more information about the Van Buren Highway Department, including updates on current road projects, seasonal maintenance activities, and how to report a concern, please explore the resources on this page or contact us directly.