Wastewater Department Director: Rick Sirois Phone: (207) 868-3975 Email
Welcome to the Van Buren Wastewater Department page, dedicated to providing reliable and efficient wastewater collection and treatment services for the residents of the Town of Van Buren, Maine, and surrounding communities. Our team of skilled professionals is committed to protecting public health, safeguarding the environment, and ensuring the proper management of wastewater in our community.
The Van Buren Wastewater Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the town's wastewater collection system, treatment facilities, and related infrastructure. We strive to meet or exceed all regulatory requirements and industry standards for wastewater treatment while continuously seeking opportunities to improve our processes and increase efficiency.
Some of the key responsibilities of the Van Buren Wastewater Department include:
- Operation and maintenance of the wastewater collection system, including sewer lines, manholes, and lift stations
- Management and treatment of wastewater at our treatment facilities, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Regular inspection, maintenance, and repair of wastewater infrastructure to prevent blockages, leaks, and overflows
- Monitoring and reporting of wastewater quality to ensure the protection of public health and the environment
- Education and outreach to promote responsible wastewater practices and increase public awareness of the importance of proper wastewater management
The Van Buren Wastewater Department is dedicated to providing exceptional service to our community members and maintaining the highest standards for wastewater treatment and environmental stewardship. We work closely with other town departments, regional and state agencies, and community partners to address the evolving needs of our wastewater system.
For more information about the Van Buren Wastewater Department, including updates on current projects, wastewater system maintenance activities, and how to report a concern, please contact us directly.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category